SO2 COORD DCDC
Enhancing the conceptual component to inform and guide Defence policy, strategy, capability and operations
Support the DCDC COS in coordinating the DCDC programme, lead the Coordination Staff and manage the utilisation of the building and within DCDC
1. Responsible to the Chief of Staff (COS) for the leadership and management of the DCDC Business Support & IHub teams – 6 Civil Service.
2. Responsible to COS for coordinating and managing all visits to DCDC.
3. Secretary for the DCDC Senior Leadership Board, COS Sync and the Integrated Support Project Team.
4. Responsible to COS for leading pan DCDC change initiatives utilising cross organisational working groups to drive process improvements.
5. Act as unit STRAPSO, Unit Security Officer, Health & Safety, and lead for the Business Continuity Planning.
6. Maintain an overview and coordinate with COS and AH Strat & Int’l the HR Management of military and civilian personnel.
7. Establish and maintain links with Defence Academy service providers in support of DCDC business outputs.
8. Deputise for the Chief of Staff during periods of absence.
Must be an OF3 of ANY specialisation. OF2 applicants with a recommend for the next higher rank in their most recent OJAR will be considered.
OF4 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and normally wear the rank of OF3.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 36 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
NB: Where the Anticipated Start date has already passed, the start date will be ASAP
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rank, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rank or more above or one rank only below the advertised rank. Applicants one rank below may be employed in the acting higher rank if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rank then the rank worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 permanently unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Applications for this job are to be submitted via SERVE please click the APPLY button below.