SO2 INT OFFICER DATA ANALYST
PIIAC is a Navy Command Centre of Expertise which is capable of collecting, fusing, analysing and exploiting information, data and knowledge on the workforce and their behaviours in response to current and future operations, events and activities leading to the generation of:
(1) A dynamic People Intelligence Picture which: identifies threats and risks to the workforce; understands their impact on the workforce over time; enables timely and informed decision making to reassure and protect the workforce; and informs the development of best-practice policies and training.
(2) A dynamic Recognised People Picture (RPP) on the status and health of the workforce.
(3) Establishes and maintains systems to enable self-service regular and provide ad-hoc reporting.
(4) Undertake high level interrogation of people, training and recruitment systems.
Job Purpose - background and context
Data analysts are highly skilled and experienced professionals providing credentialed data expertise and technical analysis support to various product and project teams. They are able to take ownership of the Directorate’s data analytics and reporting to empower the PIIAC and guide business decisions. They will be able to provide support in the creation of detailed analytical models by providing expert opinion related to the integration and processing of data relevant to the business, and analysing business process and discrepant data scenarios.
They will be responsible for providing high level advanced triage support to stakeholders, business partners, and product teams in managing specific issue resolution activities.
They will utilize programmatic and quantitative methods to identify patterns and relationships in large data sets, as well as apply mathematical, statistical, and other data-driven analysis to address intelligence questions.
They are also responsible for performing quantitative analysis of complex business situations, such as strategies, performance, and solutions involving sales and customer performance.
Besides using quantitative tools, they should also be able to apply advanced computer modelling, database tools and/or other approaches in conducting the analysis.
1. Oversee advanced analytics across the RN organization including delivery and operations
2. Work closely with the broader PIIAC leadership to define the overall strategy for advanced analytics across the organization, and then work to implement and execute the strategy
3. Ensure continued stakeholder sponsorship and alignment
4. Responsible for organisation performance and outcomes
5. Oversees maturity of advanced analytics capabilities
Must be an OF3 of ANY specialisation. OF2 applicants with a recommend for the next higher rank in their most recent OJAR will be considered.
OF4 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and wear the rank of OF3.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
- Excellent analytical skills
- Critical thinking: able to look at numbers, trends, and data and come to new conclusions based on the findings
- Attention to detail
- Experience in quantitative analysis and statistical modelling
- Must be able to work well under pressure and achieve results within the scheduled time-frame
- Exceptional writing and verbal communication skills to perform their job duties and manage others.
- Understanding of Agile development methodologies, software design patterns, network design and architecture
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 24 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
Anticipated Start will be ASAP
This position will close within 2 weeks of an application being received
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rank, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rank or more above or one rank only below the advertised rank. Applicants one rank below may be employed in the acting higher rank if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rank then the rank worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 permanently unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Applications for this job are to be submitted via SERVE please click the APPLY button below.