SQN HQ JNCO LOGS MT CONTROL
A vacancy has arisen for a Cpl - (Logs MTD) - to serve as ‘Sqn HQ JNCO Logs MT Control’ at 603 (City of Edinburgh) Sqn on Full Time Reserve Service (Limited Commitment) Terms and Conditions of Service (TCoS), with an initial proposed start date of 26 July 2021 (or earlier).
This post is responsible for the planning, delivery, supervision and oversight of all MT related aspects of 603 Sqn and falls under the management of SNCO Logs.
Specific roles and responsibilities for this role include:
- Provide Subject Matter Expert (SME) advice on MT matters (incl. fleet management, licencing, training and procurement) iaw Tri-Service and RAF Policy.
- Supervise the upkeep and maintenance of the MT Records for all Sqn vehicles and personnel.
- Control and manage Sqn MT Fleet requests.
- Administer and manage the upkeep and maintenance of Sqn MT Orders.
- Administer and manage the upkeep and maintenance of all aspects of the JAMES computer system.
- Liaise closely with SNCO Logs to ensure the upkeep and maintenance of sub-store stock levels of vehicle Complete Equipment Schedules (CES).
- Administer the management, issue and upkeep of FMT600’s for Sqn personnel iaw JSP800.
- Provide initial MT briefs to all Sqn personnel.
- Provide MT vehicle familiarisation briefs to all Sqn personnel.
- Supervise the development and maintenance of all MT lesson plans and training aids within the Training Cell iaw current regulations and ‘good practice’.
- Act as the Unit Accident Procedure Manager (UAPM) iaw JSP800 Chap 12.
- Act as the main POC for administrative aspects of unit travel for both HQ Staff and PTVRs, including Hire Car Applications; Air, Rail and Ferry bookings; and accommodation bookings.
Must either have been, or currently be, a Cpl (Logs (MTD) or an SAC (Logs (MTD) eligible for promotion in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 2 Leaflet 560 and AP 3376 Vol 1. Promotion will be ratified by means a Promotion Board.
- Drivers|Defence MT Junior Management and Accounting.
- Drivers|Dvr Lic Cat B.
- Drivers|Dvr Lic Cat C+E.
- Drivers|Dvr Lic Cat C.
- Drivers|Dvr Lic Cat D.
- Drivers|GS Dvr Instr.
- Q-D-GS Module 1.
- Q-D-GS Module 2.
- Q-D-H (Driver Heavy Vehicles).
- Q-D-L (Driver-Light Vehicles).
- Q-D-WF (White Fleet Vehicle Training).
- Trade Group 6 (TG6) Trade Management Training 1 (TMT1).
- DTTT v2 qualified.
- Defence Care of the Trainee (DCoT) Course.
- RAF Reserve knowledge or working experience.
- RAF Reserve Training experience.
- Experience of working within a HQ environment.
- MT operational experience.
- MODNet Training.
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports as required. Enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
Name: Flt Lt Ross McElhinney
Tel: 0131 33 22 333 Ext 4255
Applications. Candidate applications, with a maximum 2-page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports as required) should be sent to:
Flt Lt R McElhinney RAuxAF
Adjutant 603 (City of Edinburgh) Sqn RAuxAF 25 Learmonth Terrace Edinburgh EH4 1NZ
The closing date for applications is 12 March 2021 and interviews (unless prom board required) will take place week commencing 15 March 2021.
Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the RAuxAF with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on Full Time Reserve Service (Limited Commitment) TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 Chapter 16 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 for an initial period of 5 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case by case basis.
Candidates who have been out of regular or reserve service for more than 5 years may be considered for this appointment. Prior approval must be sought from the relevant Branch & Trade Advisor to confirm current and past experience prior to being invited to interview.
Applicants of an equivalent rank from sister Services may apply but will only be accepted into RAFR service if an appropriate branch/trade sponsor can be identified to sponsor the applicant. Branch/trade sponsor approval must be agreed before the interview.
Regular Service Applicants. Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Branch/Trade and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsor’s proposed start date, prior to applying.
Ex-service candidates who have been administratively discharged will have their applications rejected as they are not eligible to join the RAF Reserves in accordance with AP 3391, Volume 3, Leaflet 207, Annex L, Para 1a.
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pensions-and-compensation-for-veterans. Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment on Commutation’.
Flexible Working Arrangements. In accordance with the Flexible Working (FW) Policy, Reserves personnel are able to request FW arrangements with their line manager. Any immediate FW requirements should be agreed with the line management at the interview stage.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment (if required).
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. Leave entitlement is detailed in JSP 760.
Accommodation. Personnel serving on FTRS(LC/HC)/ADC TCoS are eligible to occupy Single Living Accommodation (SLA) if available, at entitled rates, if serving within the Air Command TLB. However, due to a severe shortage, it is unlikely that accommodation will be available at 603 (City of Edinburgh) Sqn.
This opportunity is closed to applications.