CHIEF OF STAFF (COS) OFFICE OF THE COMMANDANT GENERAL ROYAL MARINES
The Commandant General Royal Marines (CGRM) is directed by 1SL to ensure the well-being of the moral and ethical component of fighting power of the Royal Marines. To enable him to effectively discharge all aspects of his regimental duties, CGRM is supported by a staff that, together, make up the Office of the Commandant General Royal Marines (OCGRM). Additionally, CGRM is directly supported by three 1* secondary duty appointments who will also draw on the OCGRM for staff and administrative support.
As a COS, the role’s primary purpose is to coordinate the OCGRM staff to deliver the directed priorities of the CGRM, DCGRM and ACGRMs alongside all routine outputs.TASKS
COS OCGRM tasks include:
- Manage work across the OCGRM staff, including routine tasks and bespoke deliverables, articulating risks against outputs to DCGRM.
- Continuously refine the OCGRM operating model, delivering organisational change as required.
- Serve as secretary for all regimental fora including the RM Network, cohering their outputs, scheduling them, coordinating attendance and preparing papers.
- Produce notes and prepare written and verbal briefs up to VVIP level.
- Act as the OF4 point of contact for enquires to the OCGRM, re-directing requests for information to NC or other Corps agencies, when required.
- Manage RM regimental communications, internal and external, working with RNMCE and DDC when required.
- Serve as Budget Holder for the OCGRM budget, delivering all Holding to Account outputs directed by NC.
- Serve as 1RO for OCGRM OR6 and above (except the CRSM) and 2RO for all OCGRM OR4 and below.
Must be an OF4 of ANY Royal Marine specialisation. OF3 applicants with a recommend for the next higher rank in their most recent OJAR may be considered.
OF5 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and normally wear the rank of OF4.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
Military Staff experience at Grade 2 level.
Intermediate Command and Staff Course (Land or Maritime.
Recent experience of working in NCHQ.
Current knowledge of Royal Marines regimental affairs.
Advanced Command and staff Course (ACSC)
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 24 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
NB: Where the Anticipated Start date has already passed, the start date will be ASAP
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rank, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rank or more above or one rank only below the advertised rank. Applicants one rank below may be interviewed at the discretion of the Line Manager and may be employed in the acting higher rank if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rank then the rank worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 permanently unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Applications for this job are to be submitted via SERVE please click the APPLY button below.
This opportunity is closed to applications.