Primary Purpose –
a. To assist Naval Careers staff to attract and process candidates for entry into the Naval Service.
b. To normally be the initial point of contact, within the RNRAC (SCO North), for all candidates who require information regarding Naval Service Careers.
Secondary Purpose –
a. To assist the Team Manager(TM) with the training and management of Naval Service Ratings/Other Ranks attached to the RNRAC on temporary periods of loan.
b. To represent the Naval Service at local recruiting venues and education establishments as directed by the TM.
To assist the TM with the training and management of Royal Navy Rating/Other Rank augmenters who may be attached to the AFCO for short periods.
9. To attend Job Fairs, Careers Conventions and other Public Military Events (PMEs) as directed by the TM.
10. To visit schools, colleges and Cadet Units to give presentations regarding careers in the Naval Service.
11. To accompany educational groups on visits to Royal Navy Establishments.
12. To conduct Candidate Relationship Management (CRM) activities with potential applicants, applicants and candidates as directed by the TM.
13. To conduct counselling with potential recruits who express an interest in joining the Naval Service.
14. To assess potential recruit candidates’ eligibility with respect to qualifications, nationality, residency, criminal record and former Service referring all potential rejections to a Naval Careers Adviser (CA).
15. To assist CAs to allocate candidates to the Defence Aptitude Assessment (DAA).
16. To conduct the Basic Check on all candidates attending the RT and to assist the Naval CAs with the processing of information.
17. To manage and co-ordinate proctured DAA.
18. To refer complaints of any nature to a Naval CA.
19. To conduct Final Entry Briefs when required by the TM.
20. To carry out administrative and general duties as directed by the TM.
21. To enter/update details of candidates into the recruiting database.
22. To receive and despatch official mail, distributing/circulating incoming mail as appropriate.
23. To compile, when required to do so, candidates documents for submission to CNRHQ or NETEs.
24. To assist in preserving the physical security of the AFCO (when not home working home).
25. To assist with AFCO document security adhering to current Data Protection Policy.
26. To be responsible for the ordering, receipt and correct stowage of all Naval stores including recruiting literature as detailed by the TM.
27. To be the duty Naval recruiter when required.
Must be an OR2-OR4 of ANY specialisation.
OR6 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and normally wear the rank of OR4.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 24 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
The start date will be ASAP
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rate, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rate or more above or one rate only below the advertised rate. Applicants one rate below may be interviewed at the discretion of the Line Manager and may be employed in the acting higher rate (excluding the advertised rate of WO2 or WO1) if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rate then the rate worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 Permanently Unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Ex-Regular Reserves other ranks of an equivalent rank from sister services may apply, however will have to transfer to the RFR and conduct a period of Marinisation if they are selected as the preferred candidate.
Applications for this job are to be submitted via SERVE please click the APPLY button below.