AET COSFORD 2
1. The Naval Service (NS) recruiting organisation, under Head of Recruitment and Attraction (Hd R&A), is responsible, Director P&T for the delivery of the NS recruitment and assessment pipeline.
2. In the field, Attract Team (AT) personnel act as each Recruiting Area’s focus for the planning and delivery of all community engagement activity. The ATs are Hd R&A’s primary asset within the organisation to deliver nationally based, but locally delivered, specialist engagement for the NS, within an assigned geographical area of the UK.
3. This engagement is delivered through an innovative delivery programme including Leadership and Development packages, experiential engagement and faith engagement. The AT COSFORD 2 primary role is to engage with target audience set by Hd R&A through delivery of direct engagement and outreach both in face to face delivery and utilising all digital channels authorised by SO1 Attract. AT are a key element in supporting the Ministry of Defence’s commitment to increasing the diversity of its personnel and increasing awareness of the NS in under-represented groups such as BAME and females. Each of the AT’s are co-located within the Hd R&A recruiting areas and have a responsibility to liaise with the RFF in support of their efforts, through the team leader of AT COSFORD.
4. To deliver coherent engagement and outreach activities for Hd R&A that raises awareness of the NS to the general population and specifically in under-represented groups, through the direction and co-ordination of the WO Attract and AT COSFORD TL within their AOR;
i. Deliver a sustained and consistent tailored and coordinated programme of engagement and outreach activities to engage with young people in a broad age group of 10-25 raising their awareness of the Royal Navy to communities which will achieve the aim of creating permissive recruiting environments through both face to face direct contact engagement and through authorised digital channels.
ii. Maintain relationships with key regional interlocutors, including Business and Community leaders, key educational staff and youth organisations, as well as other Hd R&A stakeholder (e.g. Recruiting Field Force (RFF) and Specialist Recruitment Teams (SRTs)).
5. To support the other 2 Areas in the execution of their Attract activity when additional resource is required. Other tasking as directed by their CoC
i. Engage with young people through the delivery of approved presentations and activities to deliver a coherent outreach programme that raises awareness of the Naval Service in under-represented groups such as females and BAME, within their AOR both in face to face engagement or through the medium of on-line delivery platforms.
ii. Actively contribute to the raising of awareness of the NS in target communities as directed by SO2 Attract Manager, WO Attract Delivery Central and AT COSFORD TL.
iii. Comply with all corporate governance guidance and MOD financial regulations and maintain record for audit when required.
iv. Liaise with peers in the other Services within their AOR, ensuring networks and best practice are shared on a tri-Service basis, attending meetings as required.
v. Attend key meetings as required and directed.
vi. Maintain and uphold the highest standards of dress and bearing at all times.
i. Maintain full records of activities that they deliver, prepare returns for AT COSFORD TL which will allow them to appropriately evaluate the impact of engagement outreach across their AOR with all the diverse groups of the community.
ii. Respond to other tasking as appropriate by their Command.
Must be an OR2-OR4 of ANY specialisation.
OR6 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and normally wear the rank of OR4.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
- MoD Diversity and Equality training.
- Driver Cat B licence
- CRB Enhanced
- Proficient in Word, Power Point and Excel and digital delivery platforms such as MS Teams, Google classroom and zoom
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE UP TO 31 MAR 23 WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
The start date will be ASAP
THIS ADVERT WILL CLOSE WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF AN APPLICATION BEING RECEIVED
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rate, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rate or more above or one rate only below the advertised rate. Applicants one rate below may be employed in the acting higher rate (excluding the advertised rate of WO2 or WO1) if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rate then the rate worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 Permanently Unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Ex-Regular Reserves other ranks of an equivalent rank from sister services may apply, however will have to transfer to the RFR and conduct a period of Marinisation if they are selected as the preferred candidate.
Applications for this job are to be submitted via SERVE please click the APPLY button below.