NAVY SURFLOT FSU05 SENSORS PO
Position Role MSU2 SNSR 1
- Act as Team Member, managing the personnel and work delegated to them and liaising with Ships Staff
to ensure completion of tasks.
- To adhere to H&S regulations, observe SSOW and maintain the highest engineering standards.
- Act as a Specialist Maintainer where suitably qualified.
- Work under the direction of BAE Systems when being employed on MSDF tasks.
- Coach and mentor their subordinates within MSU on all engineering and RN matters.
- Deputise for the Team Leader when necessary.
- Act as a Divisional Senior Rating to RN personnel and manage staff to ensure they remain motivated,
trained and effective.
- Fulfil a military role as directed by Cdr Engineering.
Must be an OR6 of ET WE SENSORS specialisation. OR4 applicants with a recommend for the next higher rank in their most recent SJAR may be considered.
OR7 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and normally wear the rank of OR6.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
- WE|Radar 1045 Multi-Function Radar Maintainer (WED396)|Navy|
- Drivers|Dvr Lic Cat D1|Joint|
- WE|Radar IFF Mode 5 Maintainer-Interim|Navy|
- WE|Radar 1046 Long Range Radar Maintainer (WED394)|Navy|
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 24 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
The start date will be ASAP
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rate, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rate or more above or one rate only below the advertised rate. Applicants one rate below may be interviewed at the discretion of the Line Manager and may be employed in the acting higher rate (excluding the advertised rate of WO2 or WO1) if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rate then the rate worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 Permanently Unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Ex-Regular Reserves other ranks of an equivalent rank from sister services may apply, however will have to transfer to the RFR and conduct a period of Marinisation if they are selected as the preferred candidate.
Applications for this job are to be submitted via SERVE please click the APPLY button below.
This opportunity is closed to applications.