SNCO SUPPORT RAUXAF RAF CRANWELL
A vacancy has arisen for a Sergeant – Any Trade – to serve as SNCO Support RAuxAF at RAF Cranwell on Full Time Reserve Service (Home Commitment) Terms and Conditions of Service (TCoS), with an initial proposed start date of not before 02 June 2022.
The RAuxAF Inspectorate represents the volunteer reservist cadre at Command level to ensure its support and welfare needs are met, while promoting volunteer reservist utility within a Whole Force.
The role will be required to provide administrative support to the RAuxAF Inspectorate, and occasional weekend work may be required.
- Primary role is to provide a business support/office management function for the RAuxAF Inspectorate. This includes, but is not limited to:
• Administrative support for the RAuxAF Inspectorate staff comprising Inspector RAuxAF, Deputy Inspectors RAuxAF, SO2 RAuxAF Inspectorate and COS Reserves WO.
• Organising the administrative aspects of Inspectorate visits to RAuxAF Sqns.
• Assisting SO2 RAuxAF Inspectorate and COS Reserves WO in arranging formal functions, such as the HACs Annual Lunch and the RAuxAF Sqn Cdrs’ Conference
• Assisting with the RAF Reserves aspects of trawls, detailed planning, organisation and execution for all major RAF and Defence events.
• Providing a Travel Cell function for the Inspectorate Staffs.
• Maintain and update the Inspectorate Team SharePoint sites and key spreadsheets including; Remembrance, RAuxAF Trophies, Royal Garden Parties and HACs Details Spreadsheets.
• Maintain and update the Sovereign’s Colour Book
• Liaison with RAuxAF Sqn Admin Staffs regarding RAuxAF Reserve Personnel
• Electronic records managements including Team site filing and e-mail management
• Other tasks as directed by SO2 RAuxAF and COS Reserves WO
- In addition, SNCO Support RAuxAF provides support as required to CG RAuxAF/COS Reserves’ outer office function which may include liaising with the other outer offices at Air Command ensuring the necessary administrative arrangements are in place to support the CGs attendance at SLT meetings and ensuring the necessary administrative arrangements are in place to support the CGs attendance at other events within the UK and overseas.
- Must either have been, or currently be, a Sergeant (Any Trade) or a Corporal (Any Trade) eligible for promotion in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 2 Leaflet 560 and AP 3376 Vol 1. All Promotions will be ratified by means of a Promotion Board.
- Must have excellent organisational skills.
- Have experience of working in a post associated with the RAF Reserves.
- Computer literate and familiar with the latest Microsoft O365 products, incl Sharepoint, MS Teams, Excel etc.
- Experience of large-scale events organisation and ceremonial events.
- Hold a full UK driving licence.
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports as required. Enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
Name: Sqn Ldr Sue Hellard
Tel: 0300 1588574
Applications. Candidate applications, with a maximum 2-page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports as required) should be emailed to: Sue.Hellard231@mod.gov.uk or posted to: SO2 RAuxAF Inspectorate, Bldg 383, Rm F14, RAFC Cranwell, Sleaford, Lincolnshire NG34 8HB.
The closing date for applications is 12 December 2021 and interviews (unless prom board required) will take place week commencing 17 January 2022.
Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the RAFR with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on Full Time Reserve Service (Home Commitment) TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 Chapter 16 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 for an initial period of 4 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case by case basis.
Candidates who have been out of regular or reserve service for more than 5 years may be considered for this appointment. Prior approval must be sought from the relevant Trade Advisor to confirm current and past experience prior to being invited to interview.
Regular Service Applicants. Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Trade and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsor’s proposed start date, prior to applying.
Ex-service candidates who have been administratively discharged through the QR1027 process will have their applications rejected as they are not eligible to join the RAF Reserves in accordance with AP 3391 (Vol 3, Lft 207, Annex L, Para 1a).
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pensions-and-compensation-for-veterans. Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment on Commutation’.
Flexible Working Arrangements. This role is primarily office-based, however, in accordance with the Flexible Working (FW) Policy, Reserves personnel are able to request FW arrangements with their line manager. Any immediate FW requirements should be agreed with the line management at the interview stage.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment (if required).
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. Leave entitlement is detailed in JSP 760.
Accommodation. Personnel serving on FTRS(LC/HC)/ADC TCoS are eligible to occupy Single Living Accommodation (SLA) if available, at entitled rates, if serving within the Air Command TLB. However, due to a severe shortage, it is unlikely that accommodation will be available at RAF Cranwell.
This opportunity is closed to applications.