WO ACTIVITY DEVELOPMENT CNR
To establish and deliver a coherent direct contact engagement and outreach plan for Hd R&A that raises awareness of the NS to the general population and specifically in under-represented groups, as directed by Hd R&A, through the direction and co-ordination of the AT within their AOR.
- Develop a sustained and consistent tailored and coordinated programme of engagement and outreach activities to engage with young people in a broad age group of 10-25 raising their awareness of the Royal Navy to communities which will achieve the aim of creating permissive recruiting environments or to exploit permissive recruiting environments through both face to face direct contact engagement and through authorised digital channels.
- Develop networks and relationships with other key MoD Diversity stakeholders including within RNMCE, MoD D&I, NCHQ D&I, Chaplain of the Fleet, CMR and the other Services.
- Effectively developing the role as a key interlocutors between Hd R&A and MCE ensuring clear, agile and reactive communication between areas which allows both to fully utilise content generated in the most effective method to highlight the engagement work taken which will improve the diversity of the NS.
- Liaise and coordinate with other Hd R&A entities (e.g. SO2 Attract Managers, the Recruiting Field Force (RFF) and Specialist Recruitment Teams (SRTs)) to develop a tailored and coordinated programme of engagement and outreach activities to achieve the aim of creating permissive recruiting environments.
- Support the development of a suite of training activities including development of ISPECs and lesson plans.
- Ensure that all Attract team members are confident in delivering all areas of the activities.
- Liaise with RTAG to see where cohesive learning can be provided across all areas of CNR.
- Maintain a diverse photo database for use in support of team presentations and media opportunities.
- Support the maintenance of a MOD IT compliant repository for lesson plans which will be accessible by external stakeholders to the MOD.
- Support the develop a cohesive suite of training activities that highlights the role of the RN to an audience that has little or no knowledge of its role in society for use Pan Attract Pillar including the creation of Lesson plans and user guides for activity.
- Support the development an ongoing programme for creative development liaising with all internal and external stakeholders to deliver.
- Be responsible for the audit of current Attract activities to ensure they are relevant and appropriate for the Target Audiences.
- Co-ordination for R&A Marketing input to Attract Activities.
- Coordinate and report the evaluation of the activities effectiveness and report to Command bi-annually.
- Where activity meets the part of the national curriculum (including the devolved nations) produce lesson plans that articulate the areas of the curriculum covered that can be utilised by the teacher).
- Develop and maintain an induction process which incorporates both the broader R&A induction and the specific Attract Pillar induction requirements.
- Create and deliver Hd R&A media plan highlighting and enhancing Hd R&A Engagement and Outreach activities for use on both internal and external channels utilising issued LTT and messaging from MCE channels.
- Inform the Attract Pillar elements of the newly developed webpage through liaison with R&A Hd of Marketing.
- Responsible for the development and maintenance of a MOD IT compliant repository for the AT lesson plans that is accessible by educational establishments.
- Assume full responsibility for all budgetary matters in their AOR ensuring full compliance with all corporate governance guidance and MOD financial regulations.
- Liaise with peers in the other Services within their AOR, ensuring networks and best practice are shared on a tri-Service basis, attending meetings as required.
- Attend key meetings as required and directed.
- Co-ordinate the maintenance of records of AT’s activity across the region, prepare returns for SO1 Attract/Hd R&A HQ which appropriately evaluate the impact of Attract and SRT’s outreach across their AOR with all the diverse groups of the community as directed at the AT Management meetings.
- Respond to other tasking as appropriate by SO1 Attract.
Must be an OR8 or OR9 of ANY specialisation.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
Driver Cat B licence
Proficient in Word, Power Point and Excel and digital delivery platforms such as MS Teams, Google classroom and zoom.
Experienced in Social Media development.
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 24 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
The start date will be ASAP
This advert will close within 2 weeks of an application being received
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rank, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 permanently unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Applications for this job are to be submitted via SERVE please click the APPLY button below.