P8 BOUNDARY CELL SNCO1
A vacancy has arisen for a Sgt - TG1 (Any) - to serve as P8 Boundary Cell SNCO1 at RAF Lossiemouth on Full Time Reserve Service (Home Commitment) FTRS (HC)Terms and Conditions of Service (TCoS), with an initial proposed start date of 03 May 2022 (or earlier, depending upon candidate status).
As P8 Boundary cell SNCO1, you will fulfil the responsibilities of the Supervisor GOLDesp BC. As Supervisor GOLDesp Poseidon BC, you are accountable to the SEngO through WO Eng for the following:
- Ensuring that the Boundary Cell Procedures are completed in an efficient and timely manner
- Maintaining effective communication regarding GOLDesp between relevant platform PTs, PLS Docs Cell, Rects control and Execs, Sections within RAF Lossiemouth, and other external agencies
- Having a working knowledge of TORs of subordinate personnel with the PLS BC and assist at times of increased workload or in their absence
- Checking the GOLDesp BC Tasking Log during the week to ensure continuous progress is made in processing pending work within the BC
- Ensuring all creations are prioritised correctly
- Representing Poseidon GOLDesp Boundary Cell at internal and external GOLDesp related meetings and working groups
- Maintaining supervision, training, and administration of all personnel within the Poseidon GOLDesp BC
- Facilitating and organising training of Boundary Cell staff, ensuring personal are fully conversant with up to date working procedures
- Providing 'on the job' training and consolidation understanding of system requirements to ensure Poseidon GOLDesp BC personnel can progress to creation of complex assets
- Managing Boundary Cell manning levels including allocation of shift systems when required
- Carrying out Quality Assurance checks on GOLDesp assets created or update within the Boundary Cell
- Training and monitoring the ratio between Creation and Quality Assurance authorised staff
- When required, performing the duties of the GOLDesp Application Authorised Demander (AAD) IAW policy and Station Local Procedures
- Fulfilling CAMO responsibilities as articulated in the Poseidon CAME and where necessary as directed by the MILCAM.
Must either have been, or currently be, a Sergeant – TG1 (Any) – or a Corporal – TG1 (Any) – eligible for promotion in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 2 Leaflet 560 and AP 3376 Vol 1. All Promotions will be ratified by means of a Promotion Board.
- IMT for the appropriate trade.
- Work unsupervised within a team environment.
- Good IT and Keyboard skills.
- Excellent personnel management skills.
- Able to communicate effectively at all levels.
- Able to successfully lead and manage a small team of JNCOs in their daily duties.
- Have (and completed) MJDI (Read only)
- JPA Competency - IS/IT User|GOLDesp – Boundary|Joint|
- STARS auth - MAM-P-E512 - Audit of Airworthiness related LIS data
- GOLDesp Level 6 access for Boundary Cell functions
- STARS - manager access
- ASIMS - access to D-ASORs.
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports as required. Enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
WO Ben McCall
Applications. Candidate applications, with a maximum 2-page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports as required) should be sent to:
Flt Lt Stewart Latta, P8A CAMO SO3
The closing date for applications is 10 December 2021 and interviews (unless prom board required) will take place week at a date tbc in January 2022.
Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the RAFR with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on Full Time Reserve Service (Home Commitment) TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 Chapter 16 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 for an initial period of 3 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case by case basis.
Candidates who have been out of regular or reserve service for more than 5 years may be considered for this appointment. Prior approval must be sought from the relevant Branch & Trade Advisor to confirm current and past experience prior to being invited to interview.
Regular Service Applicants. Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Branch/Trade and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsor’s proposed start date, prior to applying.
Ex-service candidates who have been administratively discharged will have their applications rejected as they are not eligible to join the RAF Reserves in accordance with AP 3391 (Vol 3, Lft 207, Annex L, Para 1a).
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pensions-and-compensation-for-veterans. Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment on Commutation’.
Flexible Working Arrangements. In accordance with the Flexible Working (FW) Policy, Reserves personnel are able to request FW arrangements with their line manager. Any immediate FW requirements should be agreed with the line management at the interview stage.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment (if required).
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. Leave entitlement is detailed in JSP 760.
Accommodation. Personnel serving on FTRS(HC) TCoS are eligible to occupy Single Living Accommodation (SLA) if available, at entitled rates, if serving within the Air Command TLB. However, due to a severe shortage, it is unlikely that accommodation will be available at RAF Lossiemouth.
This opportunity is closed to applications.