SO2 Engagement Planning
1. SO2 Engagement forms part of a team providing flexible Engagement capability to a number
of customers within the RNDE enterprise. This includes the national management and delivery of
engagement events, including strategic engagement opportunities as well as maritime ceremonial
components, as scheduled by the robust Planning and Governance function.
2. Engagement Delivery. Engagement in this context is defined as an act of building and
maintaining relationships with influencial individuals and organisations, to better understand
audiences and create true advocates through genuine two-way engagement.
3. Key tasks for SO2 Engagement Planning include:
• The planning and and delivery of all national level DE Event commitments, either through
direct delivery of an RN obligation or the support of partner organisations.
• To act as the DE lead for integration of the RN with any event Operationally delivered, and
to develop relationships with all tri-service stakeholders.
• To provide strategic input to event guest targeting, to support campaign objectives.
• To provide support to Domestic Engagement Manager and SO2 Mobile Engagement Team
toward the delivery of Regional and Mobile engagement activity.
• To lead the DE Scrum (Scum Master) and integrate DSP Campaign Planning with
• To coordinate DE partners in the development of DE insights, KPI and outcome evaluation.
• To integrate planning and event delivery with RN Comms and Influence.
• The coordination of non-event related business cases.
• Forecast and reporting of DET and MET T&S Budget.
8. The post holder reports to C1 Engagement TL.
9. The post holder works rank agnostic to support DE partners and to improve collaborative
working benefits, including NRCs, RMBS, Maritime Enterprise, Parliamentary Engagement and
Marine Reserve Engagement.
Must be an OF3 of ANY specialisation. OF2 applicants with a recommend for the next higher rank in their most recent OJAR may be considered.
OF4 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and normally wear the rank of OF3.
COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
1. The post holder must have strong leadership and strategic thinking skills, being able to be
creative in capitalising on engagement opportunities to the benefit of the Royal Navy.
2. Must have excellent people handling skills in both small and large scale events, remaining able
to stage manage senior officers and civil servants as required, with the tenacity to handle
unexpected circumstances and potentially turn them to the advantage of the Royal Navy.
3. Skills level with Defence ICT (DII/MODNET, MS Office, MOSS): Intermediate.
1. Essential experience
a. Extensive experience in the design and delivery of Defence Engagement.
b. Experience of event delivery against formatted orders.
c. Evidence of ability to effectively support and collaborate at all rank/grade levels.
d. Evidence of successful programme (multiple project) delivery across diverse
stakeholders against challenging timeframes and budgets.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
a. Defence Communicators Course/Comms role experience.
c. Project Management qualification (PRINCE2, ACMP or equivalent) or equivalent CV
d. Experience in insights, KPI and outcome evaluations.
17. Experience of MOD budget management and commercials.
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 24 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
The start date will be ASAP
THIS ADVERT WILL CLOSE WITHIN 2 WEEKS OF AN APPLICATION BEING RECEIVED
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rank, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rank or more above or one rank only below the advertised rank. Applicants one rank below may be interviewed at the discretion of the Line Manager and may be employed in the acting higher rank if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rank then the rank worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 permanently unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Applications for this job are to be submitted via SERVE please click the APPLY button below.
This opportunity is closed to applications.