SO1 SUPPORT TRAINING REQUIREMENTS AUTHORITY
SO1 Support TRA - responsible for leading the Support TRA team. The team exists to ensure that Individual and Collective Support Training and Education Requirements are effectively identified, developed and assured in accordance with the aims of the Defence Support Strategy, Support Capability Requirements and Support Performance Ambition.
1. Contribute to the development of MOD-wide Training and Education Policy through TESRR (e.g. JSP822), ensuring that policy development and compliance will drive the right outcomes for Support.
2. Engage in Capability Management processes as Training and Personnel DLoD representative, ensuring that both DLoDs are coherently considered through-life for new and existing Support capabilities. Chair Training Requirements Working Groups in support of this activity, as required.
3. Lead the DSPT TRA team in developing Support training requirements or in agreeing delegated activity with sS / EO TRAs under a lead-TRA model (as appropriate).
4. Establish and maintain a system of Governance for Support Training and Education which enables opportunities for increased coherence in Support Training Requirements to be realised.
5. Engage in broader projects (subject to capacity and prioritisation) within the wider DSPT as requested by Line Management.
6. Line Management of 2 x C2 CS TRA Roles (potentially rising over time) and 1 x SO2 (VeRR) Multi-National Training Officer
7. Acts as the Defence Support principal Training and Education Advisor.
8. Conduct Training Needs Analysis for Support Capabilities, including novel and innovative ways of delivering training on information services at user point of need.
9. Identify, agree and prioritise Support Collective Training Objectives (CTOs), including opportunities to practice with the Whole Force, contractor involvement and multinational engagements.
10. Review the use of Military Task List (Joint Logs/Spt) as a tool for Collective Training Assurance and Objective-setting in conjunction with stakeholders.
11. Implement an assurance regime for Defence Support Training and Education. Looking for opportunities to utilise data from the wider Defence Support Organisation (e.g. Performance and Compliance) in order to drive DSAT compliance and improvements in Support training. 12. Consolidate the Support TRA SOTR and submit to relevant TDA, attending Bi-Lat / Tri-Lat as required.
Domestic Considerations: Some travel (potential international) and overnight duty may be required.
Must be an OF4 of any specialisation. OF3 applicants with a recommend for the next higher rank in their most recent OJAR will be considered.
OF5 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and wear the rank of OF4.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
- Training Needs Analysis and Training Assurance experience
- Capability Management Experience
- Project Management Experience
- Adaptability and Initiative: Must be able to take the initiative on high level issues. Anticipates and resolves problems. Able to assimilate complex information and take decisions in unclear circumstances
- Powers of Communication: Produces logical, convincing and accurate written work, routinely for 1* and 2* level. Briefs and presents succinctly with the ability to present persuasive arguments. Strong stakeholder management skills.
- Previous Joint Staff experience at SO1 level
- Experience of operational planning / deployment / recovery in the Joint environment.
- Experience in the Joint Support environment
- CAPAC(F) and (P) Training