TECHNICAL STAFF COORDINATOR SFM CLYDE
The TSC is to co-ordinate the employment of RN seconded staff within Babcock. The TSC role will manage personnel database information between MOD/RN and Babcock HR systems and reporting of metrics relating to their utilisation across Babcock departments. Act as focal point for Babcock line managers on RN personnel issues, staff reporting and training, co-ordinating NBC travel budget requirements and provide administrative support to RN personnel.
1. 1. Co-ordinate the employment of RN personnel across Babcock departments, liaising with Babcock line managers over assignment of individuals, priorities for manning of positions and allocation of temporary, additional resources to sections.
a. Manage RN personnel database information and process for reconciliation between JPA/HRMS and IFS/HR Charter to ensure an accurate record of RN staff is maintained.
b. Liaise with the MACCO and naval career managers over formal JPA assignments of personnel into RN position within Babcock and NBC Waterfront Engineering.
c. Liaise with the HMNB Clyde Augmentation Cell over provision of RN staff to support extraneous military duties and agree priorities on behalf of the Waterfront Directorate.
d. Collate monthly reports of temporary employed personnel provided to Babcock sections and allocate additional Senior Rate resource depending on skill set and requirements.
2. 2. Act as the focal point for Babcock managers and RN divisional officers for the employment of RN personnel within Babcock, obtaining advice and providing support for HR and personnel issues, reporting requirements and overall organisational / divisional structures.
a. Co-ordinate the completion of RN staff reports through JPA to ensure timely completion for RN personnel leaving Babcock / SFS billets and to meet annual reporting dates.
b. Collating records of leave, training and resettlement activities for RN personnel.
3. Provide monthly summaries and ad hoc reports on request to reconcile the actual availability of RN staff to Babcock using IFS and timesheet information, including statistics for expected headcount, utilisation and TOIL and achieved manning levels against leave, military duties, training and resettlement activities.
4. Collate the expenditure and forecast spends against MOD annual travel budget for RN personnel in Babcock / SFS and assist in the booking of cost-effective travel arrangements in support of military duties, RN training or resettlement activities on behalf of MOD Budget Manager:
a. Travel requests are to be checked in accordance with current regulations prior to approval/signature.
b. An accurate account of travel expenditure is to be maintained, including subsistence costs incurred through JPA for travel on behalf of Babcock.
5. Assist the RN HR Manager (Manpower Manager) in maintaining the RN Establishment Lists for Babcock and SFM positions, including running JPA enquiries on position information and collation roles and responsibilities / Job Descriptions and training competence requirements.
6. Act as JPA Unit HR Administrator and Unit Establishment Administrator.
7. Act as the Local Security Officer for MODNET SharePoint Site administrator and Document Security Officer (DocSyO) for SFS, supporting the Establishment Unit Security Officer (EUSyO) as required.
8. Manage IT, office machinery and stationery requirements on behalf of Waterfront Directorate personnel and co-ordinate the local office environment for Rooms 305 – 312 in Cochrane Building.
9. The post holder will undertake other reasonable tasks identified by the line manager.
Must be an OR6 of ANY specialisation. OR4 applicants with a recommend for the next higher rank in their most recent SJAR will be considered.
OR7 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and normally wear the rank of OR6.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
Submarine SSN/SSBN Senior Rating (ESM preferred - will consider equivalent experience in other branches, including GS, by exception)
Making Effective Decisions
Changing and Improving
Delivering at Pace
Managing a Quality Service
PRINCE2 Foundation & Practitioner
RN Submarine experience
Knowledge of JPA, IFS, BMS systems
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 12 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
The start date will be ASAP
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rate, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rate or more above or one rate only below the advertised rate. Applicants one rate below may be employed in the acting higher rate (excluding the advertised rate of WO2 or WO1) if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rate then the rate worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 Permanently Unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Ex-Regular Reserves other ranks of an equivalent rank from sister services may apply, however will have to transfer to the RFR and conduct a period of Marinisation if they are selected as the preferred candidate.
Applications for this job are to be submitted via SERVE please click the APPLY button below.
This opportunity is closed to applications.