591SU JNCO DCO CAP
A vacancy has arisen for a Corporal, ICT Tech, to serve as JNCO Defensive Cyber Operations Capability (DCO CAP) at 591 SIGNALS UNIT on Full Time Reserve Service (Home Commitment) Terms and Conditions of Service (TCoS), with an initial proposed start date of 01 June 2022 (or earlier, depending upon applicant status).
The role is responsible for the efficient preparation, control and administration of all Unit Information Systems that supports the Unit’s Operational output including:
- Supervising the daily business of the Mission Support Team (MST).
- Support the management of 591SU On Premise and Cloud Services system - TENJIN.
- Support and direct the ongoing security and network (physical and virtual) administration of TENJIN including system upgrades and development.
- Support the SNCO with financial scheduling, managing cloud services and resource allocation to ensure all services are within budget.
- Support the drafting of Business Cases and Statements of Requirements for the provision of new hardware, software, tools, equipment, and associated training for the improvement of the TENJIN capability.
- Ensuring the unit’s IM requirements are followed and recommend best practice where necessary.
- Maintain a close liaison with key stakeholders around Unit including JSSU Digby iHub, RAF SCIDA and Defence Digital.
- Asset Management of all Unit CIS, ensuring assets are correctly accounted for.
- Understand and input into the 10yr Equipment Replacement Programme which will form part of the 10yr Business Plan.
- Supporting the management of all aspects of statistical reporting such as task tracking, skills tracking, upwards reporting and military record keeping (F540).
- Must either have been, or currently be, a Cpl (ICT Tech) or an SAC (ICT Tech) eligible for promotion in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 2 Leaflet 560 and AP 3376 Vol 1. All Promotions will be ratified by means of a Promotion Board.
- Familiarity with SharePoint, Teams and data storage.
- Experience of working in an IT/Cyber security environment with an opportunity to join a team in a fast-paced agile environment where significant opportunities exist to improve knowledge and skills. Individuals must be forward-looking and willing to invest time to develop personal and academic skills.
- Background in network management and administration.
- Ability to successfully manage a busy helpdesk.
- DV Clearance:
- Uncleared candidates must be willing to submit to DV clearance
- An offer of employment will be provisional on attaining DV clearance
- Employment may not commence until such clearance is attained
- For the purposes of National Security, the candidate must be a UK national, and not hold a dual nationality.
- Experience working with Cloud Services and virtual machines.
- Local Security Officer experience.
- Remedy experience.
- Experience in Project Management and Delivery.
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports. Enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
Name: Fg Off George Penson
Tel: 01526 327475
591SU OC MST
Applications. Candidate applications, with a maximum 2-page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports as required) should be sent to:
WO Jamie Foxall
Address: 591SU, RAF Digby, Lincoln, LN4 3LH
The closing date for applications is 08 December 2021 and interviews (unless prom board required) will take place week commencing 14 February 2022.
Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the RAFR with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on Full Time Reserve Service (Home Commitment) TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 Chapter 16 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 for an initial period of 5 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case by case basis.
Candidates who have been out of regular or reserve service for more than 5 years may be considered for this appointment. Prior approval must be sought from the relevant Branch & Trade Advisor to confirm current and past experience prior to being invited to interview.
Applicants of an equivalent rank from sister Services may apply but will only be accepted into RAFR service if an appropriate branch/trade sponsor can be identified to sponsor the applicant. Branch/trade sponsor approval must be agreed before the interview.
Regular Service Applicants. Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Branch/Trade and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsor’s proposed start date, prior to applying.
Ex-service candidates who have been administratively discharged through the QR1027 process will have their applications rejected as they are not eligible to join the RAF Reserves in accordance with AP 3391 (Vol 3, Lft 207, Annex L, Para 1a).
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pensions-and-compensation-for-veterans. Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment on Commutation’.
Flexible Working Arrangements. In accordance with the Flexible Working (FW) Policy, Reserves personnel are able to request FW arrangements with their line manager. Any immediate FW requirements should be agreed with the line management at the interview stage.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment (if required).
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. Leave entitlement is detailed in JSP 760.
Accommodation. Personnel serving on FTRS(LC/HC)/ADC TCoS are eligible to occupy Single Living Accommodation (SLA) if available, at entitled rates, if serving within the Air Command TLB.
This opportunity is closed to applications.