Army Reserve Secretary – Cycling
Job Role: Responsible for the development and promotion of Cycling across the Army Reserve. He/she is the focal point for increasing Army Reserve participation in Cycling at all levels of Army sport. He/she is to advise the ASCB, Regional Command and Army Trg on any Army Reserve policy issues that affect or impact on the delivery and take up of Cycling across the Army Reserve. He/she will provide an Army Reserve presence on the relevant Regular Army sporting committee(s) as required.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
1. Support to SO2 Army Reserve Sport within the ASCB and promote participation by Army Reserve units and individual personnel in Army Cycling at all levels.
2. Advise Army Reserve units and individuals across Regional Command of the opportunities that exist within Cycling. Wherever possible, capitalise on sporting talent across the Army Reserve by highlighting individuals to the Senior Army team or Talented Athlete Sponsorship Scheme. At all times aim to maximise the recruiting potential of Cycling within the Army Reserve.
3. Generate Cycling activity within the Army Reserve in accordance with ASCB Category 2 sports. As a minimum this will include an inter unit competition.
4. In conjunction with SO2 Army Reserve Sport (and potentially in support of Regional Command PD branch), collate performance data on the take up and participation of Cycling in the Army by Reservists at all levels and provide logical deductions for SO2 Army Reserve Sport and the ASCB Board and Trustees.
5. Link in to the ASCB Ops Cell and RC Engagement Team to exploit opportunities for Cycling in the Army Reserve to support Army engagement activity.
6. Attend the annual Army Reserve Sports Meeting. Attend the ASCB Annual Conference.
7. Support to SO2 Army Reserve Sport and the Army Cycling Regular Secretary as required.
Army Reserve Sports Secretary Roles have no formal liability, and it is expected that a holder of the role must already have an Active Army Reserve Primary Assignment
Applications and further information to unit POC: Maj S Clout, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
THIS IS ADDITIONAL WORK ON ARMY RESERVE TACOS & CAN SUPPLEMENT A NORMAL RESERVE COMMITMENT.
For more information about how to apply for this opportunity, please visit the Army Reserve webpage.
This opportunity is closed to applications.