SO1 EXERCISES AND CONCEPTS RF&C
Subject to formal establishment, a vacancy will arise for a OF4 to serve as SO1 EXERCISES AND CONCEPTS RF&C at MOD main Building on ADC, RSD or VERR, with an initial proposed start date by 1 Nov 21 for 90 days per year.
The terms and conditions of service (ADC, RSD, VeRR) will be determined by RF&C in discussion with the successful applicant.
SO1 Exercises and Concepts is a new part-time lifed post focused on Exercise AGILE STANCE (AS), a Defence wide Force Development activity of Reserve Forces. The post has three primary functions:
- To enable RF&C to deliver its coordination role with the Reserves Line of Development (LoD) in AS.
- To enable RF&C to deliver its specified task to ensure that Reserve Forces policy requirements for AS are identified and incorporated across Defence, enabling the requirement for Reserve Forces in the AS context to be met.
- To lead or contribute to other tasks as directed.
The post works directly to Assistant Head Reserves and reports to Head Reserves. The post is line manager to a supporting SO2 post.
The post’s responsibilities are:
- Support Assistant Head Reserves in his role as AS Multi-disciplinary Team (MDT) Chair, deputising when required.
- Support Head Reserves in his roles as 1* Owner of the Policy Objective and lead 1* coordinator of the Reserves element.
- Provide presentations and briefings for the MDT, 1* Working Group (WG), 2* Steering Group (SG) and other events as required.
- Engage with AS MDT participants as required to facilitate and coordinate progress against directed activities.
- Engage with policy owners across Defence to coordinate delivery against the Policy Objective.
- Line manager for the SO2 Exercises and Concepts, supporting as required.
- Lead or contribute to other RF&C tasks as directed.
Must be an OF4 of any specialisation. OF3 applicants with a recommend for the next higher rank in their most recent OJAR will be considered.
OF5 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and wear the rank of OF4.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
The applicant must also have:
- 1* or above Headquarters staff officer experience.
- Broad Defence experience.
- Strong interpersonal skills (stakeholder engagement, collaboration and coordination).
- Highly effective communication skills (written and verbal).
- Basic Microsoft 365 tools (Word, Excel, Power Point, SharePoint, Teams).
- A general understanding of Reserve Forces.
- Experience of working with and / or leading Reserves, particularly Volunteer Reserves.
- Operational and UK resilience experience.
- Project management experience.
- ACSC(R) or ICSC qualified, or equivalent.
Further enquires. Enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to: Lt Col Peter Conlan, SO1 Capability and Commitments, RF&C. email@example.com
Location. The position, whilst based in Main Building, includes the need for very occasional travel to other MOD locations. Remote Working is to be agreed with Assistant Head Reserves; it is a given during the pandemic but afterwards the requirement is for occasional work in Main Building.
Flexible working. The nature of the part-time post lends itself to some flexible working. However, there are AS events which are not flexible; early communication with Assistant Head Reserves is key to ensuring appropriate delivery of output.
This opportunity is closed to applications.