JNCO REGT 607 SQN
A vacancy has arisen for a Cpl – Gnr – to serve as JNCO Regt Trg at 607 Sqn RAF Leeming on Full Time Reserve Service (Limited Commitment) Terms and Conditions of Service (TCoS), with an initial proposed start date of 24 January 2022 (or earlier, depending upon candidate status).
The post holder will be responsible for supporting the Training Officer (TO) and CoC in organising, planning, conducting and supervising Phase I and III training (including IRT MOD 1) within the Sqn. They will:
- Maintain accurate training records iaw current policy.
- Ensure all training material, physical and media, is maintained and current.
- Assist with the day to day running of the Sqn Training Cell.
- Maintain liaison with FP FHQ, FPTF RAF Leeming, RTS RAF Halton, to keep practices up to date.
- Be responsible for the supervision, care and welfare of subordinates during training and out of hours (as required).
- Has been or is currently serving member of the RAF Regt or RAuxAF Regt.
- Must either have been, or currently be, a Cpl (Gnr), LCpl (Gnr) or an SAC (Gnr) – with legacy promotion rights - eligible for promotion in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 2 Leaflet 560 and AP 3376 Vol 1. All Promotions will be ratified by means of a Promotion Board.
- For RAF Regt OR’s. if applying on promotion, they must have passed the appropriate FT course for their current rank as well as the next rank higher they are applying for.
- Hold a current UK Cat B (Car) driving licence.
- Defence Trainer Course (DTC) qualified or willing to complete DTC during their probationary period. (Confirmation of appointment will be dependent on satisfactory completion of course).
- Computer literate (Office 365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Teams).
- Q-R-WI(SAI) Qualified.
- SA(B) 90 Qualified.
- SA(M)07 Qualified.
- Q-R-DCCT(O) Qualified.
- Q-R-FAI Qualified.
- C-CBRNI Qualified.
- GS MOD 1-2 Qualified.
- Phase 1/3 Formal Training experience.
- Experience of a FPTF.
- HF/EM Facilitator.
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports. Enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
Name: FS Morris
Tel: 03001 631151
Applications. Candidate applications, with a maximum 2-page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports) should be sent to:
Sgt Ovington, SNCO Admin, 607 (County of Durham) Sqn, RAF Leeming, Northallerton, North Yorkshire, DL7 9NJ.
The closing date for applications is 30 September 2021 and interviews (unless prom board required) will take place shortly afterwards.
Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the RAuxAF with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on Full Time Reserve Service (Limited Commitment) TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 Chapter 16 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 for an initial period of 4 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case by case basis.
Candidates who have been out of regular or reserve service for more than 5 years may be considered for this appointment. Prior approval must be sought from the relevant Branch & Trade Advisor to confirm current and past experience prior to being invited to interview.
Applicants of an equivalent rank from sister Services may apply but will only be accepted into RAFR service if an appropriate branch/trade sponsor can be identified to sponsor the applicant. Branch/trade sponsor approval must be agreed before the interview.
Regular Service Applicants. Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Branch/Trade and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsor’s proposed start date, prior to applying.
Ex-service candidates who have been administratively discharged will have their applications rejected as they are not eligible to join the RAF Reserves in accordance with AP 3391 (Vol 3, Lft 207, Annex L, Para 1a).
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pensions-and-compensation-for-veterans. Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment on Commutation’.
Flexible Working Arrangements. In accordance with the Flexible Working (FW) Policy, Reserves personnel can request FW arrangements with their line manager. Any immediate FW requirements should be agreed with the line management at the interview stage.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment (if required).
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. Leave entitlement is detailed in JSP 760.
Accommodation. Personnel serving on FTRS(LC) TCoS are eligible to occupy Single Living Accommodation (SLA) if available, at entitled rates, if serving within the Air Command TLB.
This opportunity is closed to applications.