AIO OPERATOR FOST FAS SHORE
Job Role: Sonar Simulator Desk Driver and ABTS/AIO Operator
Details of Organisation:
FOST(SM) Shore Command Team Training (CTT) Facility, delivering Tactical Training to SSBN, SSN crews, SMCC and Training courses in support OC.
1. To maintain own role professional knowledge to enable efficiency within position.
2. Conduct daily users checks, reporting equipment defects and ensure the CTTs are prepared prior to the start of training sessions.
3. Operate the Submarine Command System (SMCS) and assist the LH WS(TSM) to maintain an accurate Tactical Picture within the VERACITY & THRASHER CTTs.
4. To assist with training through operating of all Action Information Organisation (AIO) / TSM equipment in the Control Room iaw current doctrine in support of unit training or SMCC as required.
5. Conduct Water Safety Equipment Log (WSEL) inspections and maintenance schedules of FOST N WSEL equipment as directed by LH WS(SSM).
6. Provide office materials and consumable stores for CTTs as required.
7. To ensure that the SCTT simulators are fully secured IAW FOST N security regulations on completion of training.
8. To participate in Submarine Command Course (SMCC) Command Briefs or Lectures as directed by CPO WS(TSM) or LH WS(TSM).
Must be a serving Regular or Maritime Reserve OR2 or Ex-Regular OR2 of ANY specialisation. (WS(TSM) preferred)
- Good communicator
- Team player
- Ability to work at pace
- See the bigger picture
- Effective decision maker
1. Previous IT experience is essential, as the role will involve extensive use of Microsoft Office equipment.
1. Be able to act as an effective Sonar Desk Driver in a busy shipping/tactical environment.
2. Be able to operate effectively with all Control Room TSM equipment in a complex Tactical scenario.
1. Undertake a verbal reasoning test to ensure your verbal capabilities.
2. Undertake a numerical reasoning test to ensure your numeracy capabilities.
To ensure suitability and credibility for this role, the candidate must be able to pass a Royal Navy AB WS(TSM) Role Performance Examination.
1. Prior experience on an SSN/SSBN in a role as a TSM rating is highly desirable.
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 24 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
Two Positions are available and will attract Retention and Recruitment Pay-SM
The position start dates are ASAP
This advert will close within 2 weeks of an application being received
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rate, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rate or more above or one rate only below the advertised rate. Applicants one rate below may be employed in the acting higher rate (excluding the advertised rate of WO2 or WO1) if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rate then the rate worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 Permanently Unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Ex-Regular Reserves other ranks of an equivalent rank from sister services may apply, however will have to transfer to the RFR and conduct a period of Marinisation if they are selected as the preferred candidate.
Applications for this job are to be submitted VIA serve please click Apply below