SO3 Leadership (Reserves)
Post Role: The Junior Staff Officer (Reserve) within the CAL, predominately focusing on supporting the development and delivery of pan-Army Leader Development strategy (Project BRAMMAL) and CAL engagement activity. Support the coordination of CAL research activity and the sharing of leadership thinking and developments to deepen leadership understanding across the Army, with a particular focus on engagement with the Army Reserves. Support to wider CAL activity and lines of operation, including delivery of leadership content to course, support to planning and coordination of CAL courses, and the coordination of OCdt secondee work strands.
1. Lead. Deputise in the absence of SO2 CAL.
2. Manage. Contribute to CAL core business, most notably support to the development and delivery of Project BRAMMAL.
3. Deliver. Support to the CAL’s Engagement LoO, in order to support D Leadership’s responsibilities.
4. Network. Assist the maintenance and development of the CAL’s leadership network, both internal and external to the Army and Defence.
5. Brief. Brief on Army leadership matters to both Officer CS1 and Soldier ALDP courses, conferences, and other audiences.
6. Promote. Develop Army Leadership across all ranks of the Army through various mediums, to include visits, leadership study days, leadership newsletters, and the development of new leader development products.
7. Organise. Create, plan, and deliver the CAL Conferences for all ranks across the British Army and wider Defence.
8. Contribute. Provide support to the conceptual rigour of Army leadership through original thought and writing.
CVs & PPPs are to be sent to SO2 Leadership Maj David Love email: email@example.com
An unusually high-profile job for an SO3 with a wide spectrum of responsibility and autonomy, combined with the opportunity for extensive exposure to senior leadership and influential networks in support of pan-Army Leader Development priorities. The incumbent will work in a small hybrid team of Regular, Reserve, Civilian and OCdt personnel in direct support to SO1 Leadership. The CAL has a conceptual aspect and has an academic and intellectual focus, and the incumbent will be required to contribute original thought.
For more information about how to apply for this opportunity, please visit the Army Reserve webpage.
This opportunity is closed to applications.