SO3 IEP C2D SHRIVENHAM
Unit Function: The UK Defence Academy delivers world-class education and training to leaders in order to develop the intellectual edge needed for success on operations and leadership in government.
Position Role: Support the development, implementation and coordination of the RN Education Pathway programme in accordance with RN and joint officer development strategy.
- Provide support to SO2 IEP TL in the development, implementation and coordination of the RN Education Pathway programme in accordance with RN and joint officer development strategy.
- Coordinate greater use of Defence Academy educational resources to support officer education across the RN.
- Ensure elements of the RN Education Pathway programme are coherent in order to contribute to a continuous programme of educational development.
- Promulgate details of RN Education Pathway and liaise with other organisations responsible for supporting and advising on the programme.
- Liaise with Royal Navy Officer development working group and other delivery agents on the RN Education Pathway as required.
- Develop course material as required, with a particular focus on developing material for the Defence Learning Environment or its successor.
- Represent SO2 IEP TL as required.
Accommodation may be available at the entitled rate to those applicants on FTRS(HC) within the Defence Academy on a case by case basis.
The option of working remotely from home is available within this role.
For further details contact WO1 Andy Bailey. email@example.com
Tel +44 (0)7816095322
The position is FTRS(HC) but job sharing on an ADC Commitment will also be considered.
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 36 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
NB: Where the Anticipated Start date has already passed, the start date will be ASAP
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rank/rate, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rank/rate or more above or one rank/rate only below the advertised rank. Applicants one rank below may be employed in the acting higher rank (excluding the advertised Rank of WO2 or WO1) if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rank/rate then the rank/rate worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
This opportunity is closed to applications.