Subject to formal establishment amendment, a vacancy may arise for a Corporal – Any Profession – to serve as JNCO Recruiting at RAF Wittering on Full Time Reserve Service (Limited Commitment) Terms and Conditions of Service (TCoS) – with preference being given to those in the Logistics profession – with an initial proposed start date of 1 November 2022 or later subject to candidates’ status
The responsibilities of the post will include:
- In conjunction with FS Recruiting, the day to day running of all aspects of the Sqn Recruiting Office, in order to attract, process and attest suitable candidates for service with the RAF Reserves at 504 Squadron.
- Exploit all opportunities available to advocate and engage with the general public, service leavers and ex-serving members of the Armed Forces.
- Produce suitable recruiting info/media for the promotion of 504 Squadron.
- Manage the recruitment process in accordance with the directives contained in AP3391 (RAF Manual of Recruitment & Selection) and AP 3392 Vol 7 and overall management of candidate applications on RITS.
- Assist in the planning and conducting, of all squadron recruiting and engagement activities, in accordance with the Squadron Recruiting and Engagement Plan and upkeep of associated documents.
- Routinely liaise with HQ Reserves Recruiting at RAFC Cranwell, all AFCOs within the 504 Squadron area of responsibility and area outreach, and specialist recruiting teams.
- The creation of all medical appointments using the CAPITA booking system, and the creation of all SC accounts through the UKSV booking portal.
- Must either have been, or currently be, a Corporal of any trade, or an SAC eligible for promotion in accordance with AP3392 Vol 2 Leaflet 560 and AP3376 Vol 1. All Promotions will be ratified by means of a Promotion Board.
- Be in possession of an RAF 600 (Car, M/Bus) in order to attend events.
- Currently be RITS trained (Previously DRS) and short interview trained, or willing to undertake training.
- Some experience of being involved in recruiting related activities.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Knowledge of the reserves recruiting structure and process.
- An understanding of marketing and advertising best practice.
- Highly developed communication skills in all relevant media.
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports as required. Enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
Name: Warrant Officer Mark Day - John.Day973@mod.gov.uk
Tel: 01780 417607 or via skype on 03001556153
Applications. Candidate applications, with a maximum 2-page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports as required) should be sent to:
Flt Lt M J Kempster, 504 Squadron Adjutant, at Michael.Kempster777@mod.gov.uk
The closing date for applications is 15 August 2022. Interviews will take place week commencing 29 August 2022.
Although this post will commence at RAF Wittering, work is currently underway to develop Reserve Support Hubs and the post holder may be required to work from RAFC Cranwell in the future and command and control of the post way also transfer to the Reserve Support Hub at RAFC Cranwell.
Ideally applicants will be from the logistics trade or have a strong logistics background; however, applicants from all trades are encouraged to apply.
Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the Royal Air Force Reserves with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on Full Time Reserve Service (Limited Commitment) TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 for an initial period of 4 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case-by-case basis.
Regular Service Applicants. Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Profession and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsor’s proposed start date, prior to applying.
Ex-service candidates who have been administratively discharged through the QR1027 process will have their applications rejected as they are not eligible to join the RAF Reserves in accordance with AP 3391 (Vol 3, Lft 207, Annex L, Para 1a).
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pensions-and-compensation-for-veterans and MMP116 - Re-employment. Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment’ on Commutation and, for those leaving on a ‘preserved’ pension, the Resettlement Grant.
Transition between TCoS. Personnel taking this appointment from other TCoS should consider the impact on any accrued entitlements, such as leave, resettlement etc and should seek specialist guidance where required as certain entitlements are TCoS specific and may not be retained or transferred on transition between TCoS.
Flexible Working Arrangements. In accordance with the Flexible Working (FW) Policy, Reserve personnel can request FW arrangements with their line manager. Any immediate FW requirements should be agreed with the line management at the interview stage.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment (if required).
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. Leave entitlement is detailed in JSP 760.
Accommodation. Personnel serving on FTRS(LC/HC)/ADC TCoS are eligible to occupy Single Living Accommodation (SLA) if available, at entitled rates, if serving within the Air Command TLB. However, due to a severe shortage, it is unlikely that accommodation will be available at RAF Wittering / RAF Cranwell. Contact Post Sponsor for further information regarding availability.