WO1 J7 DSCOM PLANS
A vacancy has risen for a WO (Logs (Mov)) to serve as WO1 J7 DSCOM PLANS at MOD Abbey Wood, Bristol, on Full Time Reserve Service (Home Commitment) Terms and Conditions of Service (TCoS), with an initial proposed start date of 05 December 2022 (or earlier, depending upon candidate status).
WO1 J7 DSCOM Plans Develops and Delivers the DSCOM R2 for all Strategic Base Outload (SBO) internal and external stakeholders. Additional roles include the support to SO3 J7 and SO2 J7 A & B in the delivery of SBO assurance audits that ensure the coherence of the FLC requirements in the delivery of a SBO. The post requires extensive involvement with the Ops Directorate, Def Log, PJHQ, FLCs, Op theatres, DE&S 1* OCs and Delivery Partners. Responsible for:
- Develop and deliver R2 to SBO internal and external stakeholders to enable SBO deployments under the direction of the DSCOM Regional Plans lead.
- Assist SO3 J7 in forecasting and direct wider DSCOM plans internal LOGFAS training activity.
- Support Assurance Audits through targeted investigations and ad hoc analysis and assessment of SBO policy and process to enable continuous improvement.
- Produce Training evaluations with recommendations and action plans that monitor the effective use of LOGFAS as part of SBO policy and process.
- Provide short term WO input for discrete SBO tasks in the other Plans areas.
- Assist SO3 and SO2 J7 in the provision of Assuring the SBO capability following an ACTORD, working with PJHQ, DE&S, Def Log and FLCs.
- Ensure internal DSCOM currency and competency against SBO SQEP.
- When required, deputise for SO3 J7 and represent DSCOM Plans at pan-Defence meetings as required.
- BPT to fulfil external liaison role to SB nodes.
- Must either have been, or currently be, a WO – Logs (Mov) – or a FS – Logs (Mov) – eligible for promotion in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 2 Leaflet 560 and AP 3376 Vol 1. All Promotions will be ratified by means of a Promotion Board. If an applicant has been out of full-time military service and is applying for a post on promotion, they will also need to send their civilian appraisals or equivalent to evidence recent skills, knowledge and experience to be considered by the Promotion Board.
- Must be able to deliver consistently high levels of quality staff work and support.
- Must be able to think strategically and influence future logistic plans with regard to the SBO.
- Experience of Logs in the deployed environment at OR9 level is an advantage.
- Prior staff experience within a Training environment would be an advantage.
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports as required. Enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
Danielle Monaghan – Danielle.Monaghan101@mod.gov.uk
Applications. Candidate applications, with a maximum 2-page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports as required) should be sent to:
Danielle Monaghan – Danielle.Monaghan101@mod.gov.uk
The closing date for applications is 22 August 2022.
Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the Royal Air Force Reserves with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on Full Time Reserve Service (Home Commitment) TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 for an initial period of 4 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates who have been out of regular or reserve service for more than 5 years may be considered for this appointment. Prior approval must be sought from the relevant Professions Advisor to confirm current and past experience prior to being invited to interview.
Regular Service Applicants. Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Profession and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsor’s proposed start date, prior to applying.
Ex-service candidates who have been administratively discharged through the QR1027 process will have their applications rejected as they are not eligible to join the RAF Reserves in accordance with AP 3391 (Vol 3, Lft 207, Annex L, Para 1a).
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pensions-and-compensation-for-veterans and MMP116 - Re-employment. Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment’ on Commutation and, for those leaving on a ‘preserved’ pension, the Resettlement Grant.
Transition between TCoS. Personnel taking this appointment from other TCoS should consider the impact on any accrued entitlements, such as leave, resettlement etc and should seek specialist guidance where required as certain entitlements are TCoS specific and may not be retained or transferred on transition between TCoS.
Flexible Working Arrangements. In accordance with the Flexible Working (FW) Policy, Reserve personnel can request FW arrangements with their line manager. Any immediate FW requirements should be agreed with the line management at the interview stage.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment (if required).
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. Leave entitlement is detailed in JSP 760.
Accommodation. There is NO accommodation available with this position.