170 Engr Gp Trg Team ADC(Copy)
This is a Volunteer Reserve position in a Nationally Recruited Unit.
ADC commitment of 2x days per week (negotiable)
Position Role: 170 Engr Gp has exciting opportunities for driven JNCOs, SNCOs and WOs with ITR subject based instructor qualifications to make a positive impact in the Training delivery team. The 170 Engr Gp Training Delivery team provides Military training, ITR, pre-ALDP and support to sub-units deployed on UK and overseas exercises. Recent overseas exercises locations include: Belize, Gibraltar, Cyprus, Jersey, Germany, Kenya, Falklands.
The successful candidate will be encouraged to play a key role in the 170 Engr Gp training delivery team, including taking an active interest in annual adventurous training expeditions – sailing, kayaking, diving, mountain biking, mountaineering.
Responsibilities: Working as a fully integrated part of the Training delivery team, for the Training Officer, the successful candidate will be able to:
- Deliver ITR training on weekend training events, primarily based at Chilwell station, Nottingham, alongside other instructors in support of ITR/CoE qualification of 170 Engr Gp Army Reservists.
- Deliver ALDP course preparation training and mentoring to 170 Army Reservists to reinforce their military skills prior to the ALDP courses (fieldcraft, orders process, section level operations, recces)
- Deliver military skills training to Army Reservists on weekend training events, UK and overseas annual exercises, including field exercises, range days etc.
- Provide input to training planning and design for future events, acting under direction from the Training Officer.
- Carry out validation of training to provide input to post exercise reports to continually develop training.
Must hold at least 1 ITR subject instructor qualification
- CBRN Instructor
- Defence Land Navigation Instructor
- SAA instructor
- RMQ – SA (18) B including DCCT operator
- DCCT Custodian
Adventurous Training Instructor qualifications
Selection will be made by Unit Board.
Applicants are to submit PPP and Army Reserve CV to the RCMO:
Applicants wishing to discuss the opportunity in detail are to contact the Trg Maj:
Applications from any capbadge will be considered.
Individuals can only apply in their current rank.
There are multiple opportunities within the Trg Team, including ADC. Any interested individuals should email Trg Maj or RCMO.
For more information about how to apply for this opportunity, please visit the Army Reserve webpage.
This opportunity is closed to applications.