MCUR OC RNR CYBER UNIT
Under the direction of the 1* Chief Digital and Information Officer (CDIO), the Commanding Officer Maritime C5ISR Support Unit (MCSU) ensures that the unit delivers through-life supported and protected equipment capability and information support services to the maritime user to meet Fleet Commander’s priorities, the Royal Navy (RN) Command Plan and endorsed CDIO requirements. The Maritime Cyber Unit (Reserve) (MCU(R)) is a fully integrated sub-unit of MCSU, delivering specialist Cyber support to MCSU, the RN and wider Defence.
Primary Purpose. Command MCU(R).
Secondary Purpose. Act as the MCU(R) Tasking Authority and Point of Contact (POC) for tasking co-ordination.
OC MCU(R) is to:
- As Tasking Authority, provide direction and oversight of MCU(R) tasking and projects, ensuring MCU(R) personnel are engaged in appropriate and relevant tasking activity.
- Advertise and promote Unit capabilities seeking relevant and engaging Cyber tasking for MCU(R) from agreed stakeholder organisations.
- Validate and assure the quality of MCU(R) output to ensure technical standards and capabilities are aligned to industry best practice and to ensure that customer expectations align with MCU(R)’s ability to deliver.
- Manage all recruitment activity to ensure that MCU(R) maintains Trained Strength targets with the appropriate skills to meet demands of the Maritime Reserves Directive.
- Work with CMR HQ, MCSU, Navy Digital and UK Strategic Command (StratCom) to assist with policy updates as required.
- Undertake regular liaison with other Cyber Reserve Units to identify best working practices and maintain consistency across MOD wide cyber organisations.
- Act as Divisional Officer to FTRS Co-ordinator and PTVR Senior Ratings.
- Provide updates, reports and returns to CO MCSU, CMR HQ SO1 Cyber and StratCom as required.
- Complete any other duties as required by CO MCSU.
Must be an OF2 of the WARFARE specialisation. OF1 applicants with a recommend for the next higher rank in their most recent OJAR may be considered.
OF3 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and normally wear the rank of OF2.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
This is a demanding OC role and candidates would ideally have at least 5 years seniority, and experience of the following:
- Headquarters environments.
- Cyber Operational Planning.
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 24 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
NB: Where the Anticipated Start date has already passed, the start date will be ASAP
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rank, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rank or more above or one rank only below the advertised rank. Applicants one rank below may be interviewed at the discretion of the Line Manager and may be employed in the acting higher rank if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rank then the rank worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 permanently unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Applications for this job are to be submitted via SERVE please click the APPLY button below.