DO ETICC 3 HMS SULTAN
1. To act as Divisional Officer for those ratings assigned to their division.
2. To manage the divisional care of Engineering Technicians undergoing training within DSMarE in accordance with Training Standing Orders and Processes (TSOPs) and BR3 ensuring personnel attain the requisite standards to fit them for relevant promotion and employment within the Fleet.
3. To liaise with Training Planning and all Functional Groups to ensure all course criteria is met on a day to day basis accommodating any additional establishment commitments that may be required.
4. To provide divisional care to all Engineering Technicians undergoing training within ETICC in the absence of an individual’s Divisional Officer.
5. To assist with the management and delivery of the Training Warning System in accordance with TSOPs.
6. To act as Training Duty Officer (TDO) in accordance with SULSOs and undertake Establishment duties as required.
7. Accountable to the Executive Officer whilst acting as TDO.
8. Maintaining the discipline, welfare and standards of ratings on ETICC, in particular those within their division.
9. Maintaining the discipline, welfare and standards of ratings on ETICC, in particular those within their division.
10. Monitoring the training and supervising the progress of all trainees’ within their division.
11. Co-ordinating NGT aspects of ETICC with ETICC DEPCO.
12. Drafting Formal Assessment Review, SJARs and warning reports for ratings within their division (TSOP 3.3.3).
13. Assisting ETICC DEPCO (the Holdover Manager) with the employment of ETICC ratings held over from course.
14. Liaising with the relevant Career Manager regarding the onward assigning of ratings completing or removed from course.
15. Liaising with academic staff and Functional Groups to ensure course objectives are being achieved.
16. Ensuring ETICC ratings are physically fit and design and implement Individual Recovery Plans for any medically downgraded trainees within their division.
17. To have personal responsibility to undertake mandatory training on Equality and Diversity and comply with the Commanding Officer’s Equality and Diversity policy and Discrimination Laws. In addition, maintain a working environment free from harassment, intimidation and unlawful discrimination.
22. To deputise for DOETICC1 in his absence.
Must be an OR7 of ETME specialisation. OR6 applicants with a recommend for the next higher rank in their most recent OJAR will be considered.
OR8 applicants, if successful, will only be paid as and wear the rank of OR7.
Must be serving as a member of the Reserve Forces or have served with the Regular Forces.
Management Divisional Officer
Senior Rates Leadership Course
Care of the Trainee Course (COT)
Applicants will undergo an initial eligibility sift. Successful applicants will have their details forwarded to the Post Sponsor to arrange interviews. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Following interviews; the successful applicant will be informed that they are the Preferred Candidate with details being sent to the CM RES FTRS Cell who will continue the recruitment process. Unsuccessful applicants will be advised accordingly.
Once the recruitment process is complete then the Preferred Candidate will be invited to take up FTRS.
INITIAL COMMITMENT LENGTH WILL BE 24 MONTHS WITH POTENTIAL TO EXTEND
The anticipated start date for this position is 1 Nov 21 or ASAP after this date
The advert will close within two weeks of an application being received
Eligibility for FTRS/ADC
Any member of the Maritime Volunteer Reserves (RNR, RMR) or the Royal Fleet Reserves (RFR) (Ex-Regular Reserve) may volunteer to undertake a period of FTRS/ADC. Ex-Regular personnel whose RFR liability has run out may be re-instated to take up FTRS/ADC.
Applicants undertaking a period of FTRS/ADC must be suitably qualified by rate, specialisation, qualifications and experience to fill the posts for which they apply. Applications will be accepted from reservists who hold one rate or more above or one rate only below the advertised rate. Applicants one rate below may be employed in the acting higher rate (excluding the advertised rate of WO2 or WO1) if they are suitable, qualified and meet current promotion regulations in all respects. Applicants prepared to serve in a position at a lower rate then the rate worn will be appropriate to that of the position. Exceptions will not normally be considered.
Applicants must also be medically fit to fulfil the duties which their Commitment will require them to undertake. Personnel who have been discharged P8 Permanently Unsuitable Naval Service through the MBOS and Employability Board will not be considered.
Ex-Regular Reserves other ranks of an equivalent rank from sister services may apply, however will have to transfer to the RFR and conduct a period of Marinisation if they are selected as the preferred candidate.
Applications for this job are to be submitted on the FTRS Job Application Form which should be emailed to:
Please use the phrase “Job Application for (followed by job title and reference number)” in the Subject line.
Suitable candidates will be informed about the next stage of the process approximately 2 weeks after the closing date.