A vacancy has arisen for a CPL PTI to serve as Formal PEd Training JNCO at RAF Cosford on Full Time Reserve Service (Home Commitment) Terms and Conditions of Service (TCoS), with an initial proposed start date of 06 March 2023.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the delivery of physical training and education to phase 2 and 3 trainees to ensure they meet the required fitness standards.
Responsible for the following job specifications:
- Deliver in-service training to all members of the PEd Formal Training Flight.
- Conduct and assess the RAFFT. Input data on JPA and TPPS. Create statistical data for both trainee and station permanent staff.
- Complete out of hours duties providing lifeguard services, extra physical training and sports classes for trainee and station personnel.
- Ensure all areas of responsibility (AoR) are maintained.
- Support School of PT Quality objectives as directed by management.
- Deputise for SNCO during absences if required.
- Oversee WpT mentoring.
- Ensure all extra Stn duties and FTF lessons are allocated.
- Conduct other duties directed by the Chain of Command including supporting RAF Cosford Station commitments.
Must either have been, or currently be, a Substantive Cpl PTI. If an applicant has been out of full-time military service and is applying for a post on promotion, they will also need to send their civilian appraisals or equivalent to evidence recent skills, knowledge and experience to be considered by the Promotion Board.
List required competencies:
- Disclosure and Barring Service Employment Check (Conducted after selection)
- Mandatory MOD Training
- Equality and Inclusivity Training (JPA Competency)
- DTTT v2 / CTTT.
- Professional Development (JMLC) courses as necessary
- Command experience
- Coaching & Mentoring Qualifications
- Diet & Nutrition Qualifications
- Strength & Conditioning Qualifications or knowledge
- Kettlebell Qualification or knowledge
- Competent use of IT (Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook)
- Risk Assessors Course.
- Flight Safety, Human Factors Training (JPA Competency)
- National Pool Lifeguard Qualification (NPLQ)
- Appropriate levels of physical fitness
- Defence Training Supervisor
- Manual handling.
A Selection Board will carry out a rigorous selection process for this post, based principally on an applicant’s last 3 appraisal reports as required. Enquiries concerning this vacancy should be made to:
Name: WO Keane
Applications. Candidate applications, with a maximum 2-page CV (to include copies of last 3 appraisal reports as required) should be sent to:
Flt Lt Ford
The closing date for applications is 16 December 2022.
Interviews will take place January 2023.
Unless already enlisted in the Reserve Air Forces the successful applicant will be required to be enlisted in the Royal Air Force Reserves with a liability for call-out for permanent service.
The appointment is on Full Time Reserve Service (Home Commitment) TCoS in accordance with AP 3392 Vol 7 Part 1 and AP3392 Vol 7 Part 3 Chapter 2 for an initial period of 4 years.
Confirmation of appointment will depend on successful completion of a RAF Medical Board. Personnel who do not meet the Age/Permanent Joint Medical Employment Standard (PJMES) may apply for the appointment but will only be considered subject to an executive waiver process on a case-by-case basis.
Candidates who have been out of regular or reserve service for more than 5 years may be considered for this appointment. Prior approval must be sought from the relevant Professions Advisor to confirm current and past experience prior to being invited to interview.
Applicants of an equivalent rank from sister Services may apply but will only be accepted into the Royal Air Force Reserves if an appropriate Professions advisor can be identified to sponsor the applicant. The relevant Profession’s advisor approval must be agreed before the interview.
Regular Service Applicants. Personnel currently serving in the Regular Royal Air Force should be mindful of the current Early Termination Minimum Waiting Time (MWT) for their respective Rank, Profession and ensure this MWT is compatible with the post sponsor’s proposed start date, prior to applying.
Ex-service candidates who have been administratively discharged through the QR1027 process will have their applications rejected as they are not eligible to join the RAF Reserves in accordance with AP 3391 (Vol 3, Lft 207, Annex L, Para 1a).
Pension Issues. Personnel who qualify for a service pension should take financial advice from Defence Business Services (DBS) Pensions Department on the effect that undertaking reserve service has on their pension (details can be found on the JPA splash screen). Additional guidance can also be found at https://www.gov.uk/guidance/pensions-and-compensation-for-veterans. Of particular note is reference to the ‘Effect of Re-employment on Commutation’.
Transition between TCoS. Personnel taking this appointment from other TCoS should consider the impact on any accrued entitlements, such as leave, resettlement etc and should seek specialist guidance where required as certain entitlements are TCoS specific and may not be retained or transferred on transition between TCoS.
Flexible Working Arrangements. In accordance with the Flexible Working (FW) Policy, Reserve personnel can request FW arrangements with their line manager. Any immediate FW requirements should be agreed with the line management at the interview stage.
Individual Reinforcement Training (IRT) (Module 1) and RAF Fitness Test (RAFFT). Reserve personnel are required to maintain currency in IRT and the RAFFT iaw the relevant TCoS. The successful applicant will be expected to undertake IRT and the RAFFT within 6 months of commencing employment (if required).
Annual Salary and Leave. Pay will be in accordance with the pay scales published for the reserve air forces. Leave entitlement is detailed in JSP 760.
Accommodation. Personnel serving on FTRS(HC) TCoS are eligible to occupy Single Living Accommodation (SLA) if available, at entitled rates, if serving within the Air Command TLB. However, due to a severe shortage, it is unlikely that accommodation will be available at RAF Cosford.